2 pounds baby back pork ribs (1 rack)
1 tablespoonof salt
1/2 tablespoon of freshly ground pepper
1 tablespoon of paprika
1 tablespoon of brown sugar
4oz Mi Madre Guava Sauce
1/2 tablespoon of Mi Madre Pique (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine salt, pepper, brown sugar and paprika in a small bowl and place the rack of ribs on a double layer of foil; sprinkle rub all over ribs.
- Bake ribs until very tender but not falling apart (about 1 hour). Carefully unwrap ribs and pour any juices from foil into a 4-cup heatproof measuring cup (reserve juices), and let ribs cool completely.
- Build a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill, or heat a gas grill to high. Add water to rib juices, if needed, to measure 1/2 cup and whisk in Mi Madre Guava Sauce to blend.
- Grill ribs, basting with barbecue sauce mixture and turning frequently, until lacquered and charred in places and heated through (5-10 minutes).
- Take them out of grill and cut between ribs to separate.
- Serve with additional Mi Madre Guava Sauce and enjoy.